SSC School Site Council
School Site Council and Leadership Council
FUNCTION OF THE SSC
To ensure that all federal mandates, including those for parent involvement, are met, specifically:
- The development and approval of the school-level Title I Parent Involvement Policy.
- The development and approval of the Title I School-Parent Compact.
- The development and approval of the Title I parental involvement budget.
- The proposed expenditures of all categorical funds.
- The development of the comprehensive school safety plan.
FUNCTION OF THE LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
- "shared decision making"--which refers to how certain local policy decisions are made at the school site, taking into consideration the respective interests, roles and responsibilities of the site administrator, the faculty, the parents/community, students, and other employees.
- "school based management"--which refers to the nature and scope of policy decisions to be made at the local school level as compared to the central District level, in an effort to reform or restructure the operations of the local school.